The lighthouse, built in the 19th century by British engineers and restored in 1918 by the Japanese, offers killer views of the Port of Kaohsiung.
Situated atop Cihou Mountain, the snow-white, dazzling Cihou Lighthouse which watches over Kaohsiung Port is a symbol of Kaohsiung. The square lighthouse was built by the British to provide ships with illumination in 1883. An octagonal domed brick tower was constructed beside the original lighthouse in 1918 in the Japanese Colonial Era. With its white base and black top, and a balcony running round the outside, the 15.2- meter tower is very striking. The broad perspective its location on Cihou Mountain affords it allows one to take in all of the scenery of the Taiwan Strait and Kaohsiung City at a glance.
[旗後燈塔/Chí Hoù Deng Tǎ]
-Located in: Southern Taiwan
-Features: Scenic Spots
-Highly recommend to: Couples, Families
-Address: No.34, Cisia Ln., Cijin Dist., Kaohsiung City, Taiwan